Re: Assignment of misc packages for emacs

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Assignment of misc packages for emacs
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 12:48:16 -0600 (MDT)

    > I wasn't aware of the HierarKey feature (it's a very well hidden "fact").
    > It compares almost 1:1 ... except I don't like HierarKey menus
    > to show the full key bindings, e.g.
    >
    >   Set face: default  (M-g d), bold  (M-g b), italic  (M-g i), l =
bold-italic  (M-g l), undeline  (M-g u), Other ...  (M-g o)

    I tend to agre.  Maybe we should just change it.  Or move the M-g prefix
    to the beginning of the line (so it appears only once).

What's right to do depends on the circumstances.  In the context of
setting the face, you are typing key sequences.  The point is to show
the whole equivalent key sequences for these commands.  For that
point, it needs to show the whole key binding.

Answering a question asked by a command is a different situation.  In
that context there are no equivalent key bindings that are normally
defined, so none should be shown.  If that doesn't work now, we would
want to make it work that way.