Re: German tutorial fix

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: German tutorial fix
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 16:18:38 +0200

I think it makes no sense to argue about the keys used to move point
in any other context than simplicity for newbies.  Thus, I agree with
Francesco.  If we consider such arguemts like "C-f &c are much better
for _anyone_ who can touch-type", our discussion will degrade, because
nobody really *knows*.  This is even worse than Dvorak keyboard.
There, at least we have conflicting *research* -- in this case all we
have is conflicting opinions.

Therefore, let us base our decision on what to include in the tutorial
on what newbies need in order to start using Emacs -- wether fast or
slow, touch-typing or eagle-eyeing.

Alex.

--
http://www.electronicintifada.net/diaries/index.html