Re: lisp/ChangeLog coding system

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: lisp/ChangeLog coding system
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 23:18:39 -0600 (MDT)

    I think we should change save-buffer to pay attention to the coding:
    cookie.

It is supposed to do that indirectly because buffer-file-coding-system
should get set initially based on the `coding:' specification.
If something legitimately sets buffer-file-coding-system after that,
I think it ought to be obeyed, not ignored.  Don't you?

The question for me is, what changed buffer-file-coding-system to
latin-1?