Re: build from CVS

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: build from CVS
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 15:51:47 +0200 (IST)

On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Richard Stallman wrote:

>     I think if you add "exit 1" to the commands run by maybe_bootstrap, Make
>     will stop after printing that message.
>
> I think that won't work if make is run with -k,
> and normally that's what people do.

They do?  I never use "make -k" when I build the CVS version (because
then I could miss problems).

If the majority use "make -k", then I agree this is not a good solution,
but if only a few people do that, especially if most of those who are
unexperienced with the CVS versions, then "exit 1" will do, I think.