Re: how could the mighty emacs lack --fullscreen ?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: how could the mighty emacs lack --fullscreen ?
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 13:24:56 -0500

> A splash screen would be fixed and not affected by parameters at all
> as it is just a temporary visual indicator that start of Emacs is
> ongoing.

The question was "what's the difference between the splash screen
and the initial-frame-before-reading-.emacs".  Admittedly, the splash
screen might look different etc... but there's still a jump between
the splash screen and the "final" frame.

I'd much rather that no frame (and no splash screen) are created before
reading .emacs, messages from the execution of .emacs are sent to
stderr or stdout as if in batch mode, and only when the .emacs
has been loaded create the initial frame.

        Stefan