Re: Load average of 0

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Load average of 0
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 16:57:31 -0500

   From: address@hidden (Pavel =?iso-8859-2?q?Jan=EDk?=)
   Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 12:23:52 +0100

   I haven't found anything on this issue in emacs-devel.mbox (even
   before my original mail), can you please tell me the original author
   of this? I'd like to convince her/him that this can be really
   annoying. Every times this happen I was thinking for about five
   second, what was there and is not now or if it was only redisplay bug
   that triggered that.

i'm sure whoever wrote it initially understands how personal preferences
may not be universal.  so that doesn't need to be done now.

probably your effort can be refined into two phases:
 - program some mechanism to make emacs behave to your preference
 - make this mechanism available on the net (eg, post to gnu-emacs-sources)

this solves your problem, and allows others to be persuaded by a working
implementation.  if the changes are installed in emacs, that's nice too.

thi