Re: Load average of 0

From: Alex Schroeder
Subject: Re: Load average of 0
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 14:29:26 +0100

Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden (Pavel =?iso-8859-2?q?Jan=EDk?=) writes:
>
>    I found it distracting. When it happened in the past, I always thought
>    about the reason...
>
> "a disappearing load average indicator when the load is zero is
> nothing to worry about..."

Sure, but displaying 5 spaces instead of removing it might be more
reasonable.  Pavel was distracted by strange movements in the
mode-line in his visual peripheral field -- these kind of movements
catch your attention: But in this case, there was nothing left to
see.  I think Pavel's complaint makes sense.

Alex.
--
http://www.emacswiki.org/