Re: tooltip-delay

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: tooltip-delay
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 14:35:14 +0200 (IST)

On Thu, 25 Oct 2001, Ehud Karni wrote:

> > So how about 0.7 seconds, for example?
>
> Why not make it a Lisp variable the user can customize ?

It already is a defcustom; see tooltip.el.

I was only talking about the default value.  I'm afraid that many newbies
might not even know the tooltips are supported, or even if they do, they
might not see the tips pop, and thus might not see the helpful text
there.  The tips will teach them many useful things that they might
otherwise not know for years (given the bad documentation-reading habits
of many newbies nowadays).