Re: [emacs-bidi] Incorrect cursor display for BN characters at EOL

From: Larry Denenberg
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] Incorrect cursor display for BN characters at EOL
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2010 18:12:44 -0400

>I tried this on GNU/Linux and on MS-Windows, both in a GUI and a tty
>sessions, and I don't see this problem.  (On Windows, I inserted the ^?
>character by evaluating `(insert "\C-?")', because there's no DEL key
>on Windows, but I don't think this difference matters.)

If the character you see has class BN, I agree there's nothing more you
can do.

>Just to be sure that this is an up-to-date version of the development
>trunk: can you tell what is the latest (topmost) entry in
>src/ChangeLog?

I'm not familiar with the organization of the source, but the link
downloads an executable, and no file ChangeLog comes with it.

>> configured using `configure  '--with-ns' '--without-x' 'CFLAGS=-arch i386
>> -arch ppc' 'LDFLAGS=-arch i386 -arch ppc''
>
>Hmm... '--without-x'?  Does it mean you are using a non-GUI session?

Doesn't it just mean that Aquamacs uses Mac windowing rather than X?

>Does Aquamacs support the -nw switch?  If so, could you please see if
>the problem persists in the -nw session?

When I run with -nw (and -Q) I get an Emacs in the terminal window
rather an independent window.  The problem persists.

/Larry Denenberg
address@hidden
http://larry.denenberg.com/