Re: [emacs-bidi] status? news?

From: Roozbeh Pournader
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] status? news?
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 18:29:19 +0330 (IRT)

On Mon, 5 Feb 2001, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> [...]
> Precisely!  This says that you determine line breaks by accumulating the
> glyph widths _in_logical_order_, and only after that reorder the
> characters on each line into the visual order.
>
> This seems to contradict what Roozbeh said in the message to which I
> replied, see the quotations above.
>
> Am I missing something?

By bidi, I meant resolving the levels. Sorry if I've created confusion.
Some parts of bidi is done before line breaking, and some parts after.
This is the thing that's considered hard. Because with implicit bidi
support only, you can do the whole bidi after line breaking, and that will
create the same result.

--roozbeh