edu-eu

Re: SCHOOLFORGE - *who* is it?

From: Odile Bénassy
Subject: Re: SCHOOLFORGE - *who* is it?
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 08:42:38 +0100

Christian Selig a écrit :

> Hello to all of you,
>
> perhaps those interested in the educational field have heard of the
> formation of Schoolforge, a collaboration of three dozens of
> school-related Free Software and so-called "open source" projects. Just
> take a look at http://www.schoolforge.net/. Can anyone give some
> comments about one or more of these groups?

Yes, about SEUL/edu
I know SEUL/edu since the beginning, and SEUL for even longer : Roger
Dingledine is an ex-MIT student and still benefits on 2 machines there.
He does the job for no money, very seriously, years long.
Douglas Loss is working in a local University. He launched SEUL/edu
mailing list, and because he is very talented in finding information all
over the web, and in making people get along with one another, SEUL/edu
mailing list has a great success. It brings information about free
software in education, to lots of people everywhere.

Yes they are not enough cautious about licenses. I try to tell them as
much as I can. Therefore we do not, and will not, link to them on GNU
education pages.