edu-eu

SCHOOLFORGE - *who* is it?

From: Christian Selig
Subject: SCHOOLFORGE - *who* is it?
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 21:58:23 +0100

Hello to all of you,

perhaps those interested in the educational field have heard of the formation of Schoolforge, a collaboration of three dozens of school-related Free Software and so-called "open source" projects. Just take a look at http://www.schoolforge.net/. Can anyone give some comments about one or more of these groups?

I assume that some of these groups think of replacing Windows or Mac computers in schools with "Linux, StarOffice and Netscape" when they call themselves "open source" or something crap. I do not see any deeper insight on their side why *Free Software* should be used, so I won't proprose to somehow work together with these people.

Thoughts? Comments? Flames?

Thanks,
  Christian

--
I am chaos.  I am the substance from which your artists and scientists
build rhythms.  I am the spirit with which your children and clowns