dvipng

Re: [Dvipng] dvipng and MikTeX

From: Jan-Åke Larsson
Subject: Re: [Dvipng] dvipng and MikTeX
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 10:08:45 +0200

Rajneesh Hegde wrote:
I obtained the libpng and GD libraries required for
compiling dvipng but it's complaining about the
kpathsea library. Is it possible to get the kpathsea
library through MikTeX? My current "large" package set
in MikTeX has a kpsewhich executable but doesn't have
the library. If the full installation has the library,
then I could just updae that instead of trying to
compile kpathsea myself.

As far as I understand, MIKTeX has its own kpathsea library,
libkps and is compiled natively, not via cygwin.

Also, MikTeX has a dvipng executable, but it's version
1.1. This doesn't seem to have the options needed to
bypass ghostscript. Unfortunately, MikTeX update
didn't update its copy of dvipng. Any suggestions?
Thanks fr your time,

I'll contact Christian Schenk and ask him to update. As soon as
I've released dvipng 1.6.

/JÅ