dvipng

[Dvipng] dvipng and MikTeX

From: Rajneesh Hegde
Subject: [Dvipng] dvipng and MikTeX
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 13:43:39 -0700 (PDT)

hi,
I'm trying to install dvipng 1.5 for use with the
preview-latex package. This is on a Windows XP
computer with MikTeX 2.4 installed. I also have an
up-to-date cygwin installation.

I obtained the libpng and GD libraries required for
compiling dvipng but it's complaining about the
kpathsea library. Is it possible to get the kpathsea
library through MikTeX? My current "large" package set
in MikTeX has a kpsewhich executable but doesn't have
the library. If the full installation has the library,
then I could just updae that instead of trying to
compile kpathsea myself.

Also, MikTeX has a dvipng executable, but it's version
1.1. This doesn't seem to have the options needed to
bypass ghostscript. Unfortunately, MikTeX update
didn't update its copy of dvipng. Any suggestions?
Thanks fr your time,

Rajneesh.