[Duplicity-talk] Duplicity Testing...

From: Scott Hannahs
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity Testing...
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 16:50:52 -0400

I maintain the “fink” installer for duplicity on Mac OS X.  I have been asked
why I haven’t had duplicity run the built in test suite.  I think that the
answer is that I have been lazy!  I started looking at it and have a few
questions.

The duplicity program has some testing built in when the installer runs in
“test” mode.  I am not well versed in python installers by any means.  But it
appears that these tests are run with the installer command

setup.py -test

But this depends on some environment variable “python2” that should point to ???
% setup.py -test
env: python2: No such file or directory

If I run the tests manually I see that I need the packages “tox” and “pluggy”
installed.  Is that correct?  Are there others?

I have tox installed and just (maybe??) made a module to install pluggy.

I am also not clear on how duplicity uses a server during the test or does it
just use the local file system?

-Scott