Re: [Duplicity-talk] webdav in trunk broken - File /tmp/... not found lo

From: Michael Terry
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] webdav in trunk broken - File /tmp/... not found locally after get from backend
Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 10:04:27 -0400

On 8 May 2014 09:43, <address@hidden> wrote:
2.6 however .. so we should support it!

Uh, well.  It doesn't seem unreasonable for a project to require e.g. py2.6.3 or py2.4.7 as a minimum.

We've suffered so far from a clear support policy, i.e. for which distros we want users to still be able to download the latest and greatest duplicity.

I would argue that we shouldn't care about any distro that is EOL.  And I think it's reasonable to support RHEL releases as long as Red Hat does (6 years for production 1 stage).  Is there a major distro that has support as long as RHEL does?  This way, we can cover 99% of the bases.

I would wager it's a small segment of users that wants to stay on a release for longer than 6 years and *also* wants the very freshest bits for their backup program.  Not necessarily zero, but small.

another option to keeping our urplarse.py btw. seems to add the schemes that need netloc (host) to the internal list urlparse.use_netloc .. this is what i did as a workaround.

Indeed, that's what 0.6.24 does.  But in py2.6, urlparse.py stopped looking at the deprecated use_netloc field, so when I dropped our copy of urlparse.py, I reworked that logic a bit.  A simple fix might be to just copy our local use_netloc array into urlparse on the offchance it will use it.  I'll look at it.

-mt