[Duplicity-talk] Feature request: way to "thin out" old backups....

From: Will McCown
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Feature request: way to "thin out" old backups....
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2014 11:00:54 -0800

I'd like a way to thin out my archived backups that is a bit more
complicated than the facility provided by "remove-older-than",
"remove-all-but-n-full" and "remove-all-inc-of-but-n-full".

I currently have my backup system set to use "--full-if-older-than 1M"
to create new full backups every month.  I then also periodically
run "remove-all-inc-of-but-n-full 2" to discard all the incrementals
that are more than 2 months old.

But now that I've been doing this for almost two years it time to
start weeding out the older full backups.

What I would like to do is something like:  For backups more than
1 year old, keep only the oldest backup in any given year.

I can, of course, just weed out the old backup sets by hand, but
even that would take a bit of scripting to do safely.  At the
least it would be nice to have a command that deleted everything
associated with a particular timestamp.

Thoughts?
--
Will McCown, Rolling Hills Estates, CA