Re: [Duplicity-talk] The new duplicity frontend

From: Dmitry Chernyak
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] The new duplicity frontend
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 14:28:39 +0400

Hello, SanskritFritz,

On Sat, 26 Nov 2011 22:27:24 +0100, SanskritFritz wrote:

On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 1:27 PM, Dmitry Chernyak wrote:

Let me propose to your attention the new frontend
for duplicity - scduply (SkyCover Duply).

Thank you, I'll test it as time permits. I have made an archlinux package (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=54343 [5]), so many more can
test it. Several remarks and questions:

1. I took the liberty and put the executable into /usr/bin. In archlinux,
/usr/local/bin is just empty. Is there a particular reason for your
choice?
The only reason is that the /usr/local is the better place for not packaged
stuff. So the default target is there.

2. The install.sh script would be more helpful for packagers if not only
$target, but also $mtarget would be optional as parameter. This way a
package could be created by simply running
install.sh $pkgdir/usr/bin/ $pkgdir/usr/local/share/man/man1
Or better, there should be only one parameter, the prefix for root.
Done. Only one paramener now.

Also the README and CHANGES files should be installed I guess into
/usr/share/doc/scduply/ for example.
Done.

3. The man page still says duply instead of scduply. That is the reason I
didnt put it into the package yet.
The man page is fixed.

Thanx much for packaging!

---