[Duplicity-talk] The new duplicity frontend

From: Dmitry Chernyak
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] The new duplicity frontend
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2011 16:27:38 +0400

Hello!

Let me propose to your attention the new frontend
for duplicity - scduply (SkyCover Duply).

Its main goals are: the fast configuration of new backup jobs
and the easy visually analyzable backup reports.

It bases on the source code of duply but advanced to be more friendly:

* User friendly configuration syntax with named variables.
* Additional global configuration file.
* Automatic addition of the job’s name to the globally configured TARGET_URL.
* Infrastructure to save per-job logs and reports.
* The command for batch execution of all defined jobs.
* Reporting via e-mail with HTML report and raw logs attached.

scduply is not backward compatible with duply.

scduply is developed for the SkyCover Company's internal needs, so it will be always the separate project, to be able implement any desired new features.

Nevertheless, we will be glad to submit any parts of our code to the duply.

The project's page: http://en.skycover.ru/opensource/scduply
The project's source: https://github.com/skycover/scduply
The tracker and wiki: https://redmine.skycover.ru/projects/scduply-backup

--