Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity + SSH - SFTP

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Duplicity + SSH - SFTP
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 16:28:00 -0500

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 3:55 PM, eleanor <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi, I would like to use duplicity with ssh, but the problem is that it
uses sftp, which I don't have and don't want to have. I want my users
to be able to login normally as well as manage their backups with
duplicity over SSH ...

So my question is: is it possible to use duplicity over ssh without a
chroot sftp jail (with scp)?

The main reason I would like to use duplicity is the encryption
feature, because rsync can't do that. So duplicity would be great if
it would support the scp (not sftp) processing the data.

Any ideas of what I can do to achieve what I want?

Use the option --use-scp to use scp instead of sftp.

BTW, sftp is part of the ssh install on most Linux distros.  If you have OpenSSH, you have sftp.