Re: [Duplicity-talk] Much Larger Duplicity backups when compared to Sou

From: william pink
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Much Larger Duplicity backups when compared to Source
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 12:01:14 +0000

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 10:09 PM, Jacob Godserv <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 06:53, william pink <address@hidden> wrote:
> Any help most appreciated,
> Will

I can't claim any professional experience with MySQL, but I can try to
help regardless. I need some more information, first. Do you back up
the entire /var/lib/mysql/ (or wherever the raw databases are stored)
or do you back up a dump? What does 'duplicity collection-status' say?

Hi Jacob,

Sorry for the delayed response - I use Mysqldump each day which compresses them with tar and gunzip,  I then with duplicity use full backup initially then incremental after.

Thanks,
Will