Re: [Duplicity-talk] duplicity scp vs. sftp

From: edgar . soldin
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] duplicity scp vs. sftp
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 15:38:33 +0100

Does a scp _only_ backend even work? Is there a way to list files without using sftp?

.. ede
duply.net

On 24.11.2009 14:35, Kenneth Loafman wrote:
Michael Terry wrote:
2009/11/18 Heiko Baumann<address@hidden>:
/tmp/duplicity-scp-9882.sh is a wrapper shell script which limits bandwidth
depending on up/download speeds. with duplicity 0.5.18 this works great.
but with version 0.6.05 it does not work anymore. and i havent found a way
to limit bandwidth with sftp backend......

I believe there is an --sftp-command argument just like there is an
--scp-command argument.  So you could use a similar wrapper script, I
assume.

Seems like the --scp-command arg is not very useful anymore.

I made the change to sftp-only as a security enhancement.  With OpenSSH
you can chroot sftp, but not scp (have a look in previous list emails).
  I thought it was worth it to just drop scp since it could not be used
in a chrooted environment.

For rate-limiting, look into tcp-wrappers.