Re: [Duplicity-talk] backup design question

From: jmc
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] backup design question
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 11:53:04 -0400

--- Brian Mathias [Sat, Mar 14, 2009 at 10:25:26AM -0500]: ---
> Hi All,
>
> I'm new here, so please accept my apology if this is not the appropriate
> place for this question.
>
> Originally I was looking at using rsync to keep data synced to my server,
> and then use duplicity to encrypt and send the data off-site.  My question
>
> If anyone has any ideas, I'd greatly appreciate your time and attention.

i too am new here (and to duplicity), so i could be missing something
entirely in the nature of your question. but according to whatis(1) on
my system: duplicity (1) - Encrypted backup using rsync algorithm .

so you get the efficiency of rsync with encryption for your backups all
for one low price. if i totally missed what you were after, i apologize
in advance.