[Duplicity-talk] Re: Need RPM Expert

From: Marcin Zajaczkowski
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Re: Need RPM Expert
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 20:55:52 +0100

On 2008-12-27 18:59, Kenneth Loafman wrote:
In order to support translation on duplicity, I've installed
distutils-extra and intltool in my FC 6 VM so I can build the
distribution RPM (I hate RPM!).  Now I'm getting errors I don't
understand.  The attached file has all the details, however, the
interesting parts look like:

address@hidden duplicity-src]$ dist/makerpm 0.5.04
...<snip>...
Checking for unpackaged file(s): /usr/lib/rpm/check-files
/var/tmp/duplicity-0.5.04-0.fdr.6-root-ken
D:      execv(/usr/lib/rpm/check-files) pid 12150
D:      waitpid(12150) rc 12150 status 0
error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
   /usr/share/locale/io/LC_MESSAGES/duplicity.mo

RPM build errors:
    Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
   /usr/share/locale/io/LC_MESSAGES/duplicity.mo

.mo files (probably in that version you have only that one .mo file) weren't marked as files which should be packaged, but an installer (in make install) copied it to the destination folder anyway.

I've never make a package for localized Python application, but probably it's similar to making a package for C/C++ localized application. If you have already .mo files (it seems you have) then standard Fedora approach with %find_lang macro should be enough:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#Handling_Locale_Files

In case of further problems please drop me a SPEC + current tar.gz, maybe I could do something more.

Regards
Marcin

D: May free Score board((nil))
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "dist/makerpm", line 23, in ?
    assert not os.system("rpmbuild -ba -vv --target i386 " + specfile)
AssertionError

Any idea what this means?