[Duplicity-talk] Re: Support for hard links

From: Daniel Wallin
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Re: Support for hard links
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2008 14:25:17 +0200

Heiko Scheit wrote:
Hi there,

any idea when duplicity will support hard links?  Or is the
information on the duplicity web page about not supporting hard links
out of date?

This doesn't directly answer your question, but: we use duplicity to
back up a FreeBSD system. Before doing to back up, we find all the hard
links on the file system. We exclude the duplicate hard links using
--exclude-file and keep a list of them in the backup. After a restore,
we use the list to restore the hard links. It's a bit of a hack, but it
seems to work really well for us.

--
Daniel Wallin
BoostPro Computing