Re: ftplicity 1.3b to be released - Re: [Duplicity-talk] Newbie question

From: AJ Weber
Subject: Re: ftplicity 1.3b to be released - Re: [Duplicity-talk] Newbie questions...
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 12:10:44 -0500

Ede,

Vielen dank!  My German is _very_ rusty, unfortunately.

I think your script is an excellent helper/tool for the already great duplicity.  I will probably leverage it to help me in my backup plans.

However, the intent of #4, below, was "what needs to be protected/otherwise-backed-up in order to recover files backed-up by duplicity"?  For example, what happens if the linux server I am backing-up is completely destroyed (say by a natural disaster)?  I no longer have that host, nor any local files to it (PGP Keys, duplicity software, etc.).  What should I export/copy/backup elsewhere so that I can recover my duplicity backups?  Export the PGP keys?  The private ones?  The public ones?  The passphrase?  What else???

Thanks again for your kind reply!

-AJ