Re: [Duplicity-talk] Fw: NcFTP Client Support

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Fw: NcFTP Client Support
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 18:23:14 -0500

Olivier Croquette wrote:
> Kenneth Loafman wrote, On 24/12/07 13:35:
>> I'll get the fix into duplicity on the next version.
>
> Just for info, I have the same problem and I patch all my duplicity
> versions to use -x.
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/duplicity-talk/2007-10/msg00025.html
>
> Seems to work until now.

Not sure what was going on, but if you do an FTP ls on an empty
directory you quite often get a connection reset which blows away the
session and causes the ls to error out.  This happens on more than one
client and or server, so NcFTP is not unique.  Something about the -x ''
is working around that issue.

As to the long listing, there is at least one FTP server that I have run
across where the long listing puts the filename first, so a long listing
cannot be used in a generic fix.  When we run across this server again,
I'll look for a way to adjust for it.  Right now, just having one ls is
a big enough benefit to accept the break when we find the odd server.