Re: [Duplicity-talk] Fw: NcFTP Client Support

From: Olivier Croquette
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Fw: NcFTP Client Support
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 09:03:44 +0100

Kenneth Loafman wrote, On 28/12/07 0:23:
Just for info, I have the same problem and I patch all my duplicity
versions to use -x.
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/duplicity-talk/2007-10/msg00025.html

Seems to work until now.

Not sure what was going on, but if you do an FTP ls on an empty
directory you quite often get a connection reset which blows away the
session and causes the ls to error out.  This happens on more than one
client and or server, so NcFTP is not unique.  Something about the -x ''
is working around that issue.

Hi Ken

I was just referring to the first paragraph of my email.
Without the -x option, nothing works at all, since the list -CF returns nothing, independently of the content of the directory.

The connection reset and double LIST are other topics, that I didn't have problems with. Back then, I was just wondering why the code is the way it is.