Re: [Duplicity-talk] Possibility to delete only incremental backups?

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Possibility to delete only incremental backups?
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 16:32:10 -0500

Axel Beckert wrote:
Hi,

is there a possibility to delete only incremental backups before some
time? In the man page of duplicity 0.4.1 (as shipped with Debian
Sarge) I only found "--remove-older-than". Is such a feature perhaps
present in a newer version?

No, not at present, and not planned, yet.

If not:

Which files can I manually delete from the backup if I want to remove
the incremental backups to a full backup, but not the full backup
itself?

duplicity-inc-*
duplicity-new-*

And how hard is it to include such a feature in future versions of
duplicity? :-)

I think there would be issues to be resolved. Deleting all the incrementals between full backups would be OK. Selectively deleting incrementals could cause some holes in your backup. There may be more.