[Duplicity-talk] Very promising software!

From: Duane Winner
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Very promising software!
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 14:44:41 -0400

Hello,

Just started tooling around w/ duplicity in conjunction w/ rsync.net, and so far, I have to say...wow.

I can easily see the possibilities of using duplicty and rsync.net (or S3, haven't looked at that yet) as a of supplanting off-site tape backups here, since they haven't been working out so well, since we are such a small operation with a shortage of manpower.

But I trust it when it comes from the horse's mouth, and when I read on the main page of duplicity.org that it is still not stable, and not recommend for business support yet, well, I won't argue with that statement. But I can't help but wonder why? What are the most outstanding issues right now? Granted, I've only done some very rudimentary test so far on small data sets, but so far, I am please with what I see. So what are the big gotcha's?

Thanks!

DW