Re: [Duplicity-talk] 0.4.3.RC4 Ready for Test

From: Dennis Schulz
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] 0.4.3.RC4 Ready for Test
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 01:34:00 +0200

Okay after much trouble I ended up in using the Microsoft FTP-Server of IIS that comes Win 2k3. It took 2 hours for me to set up one user-account. -.- I needed to know things that wont be mentioned there. This is totally ***** ... *arr*

Now the good news: Duplicity verify-process works.

Perhaps the FileZilla-Server-Crew should now about this little problem with their actual version. I think duplicity won't be the only ftp-client that
will behave unnormal.

Dennis Schulz schrieb:
I've made the test again with the latest Win2k3-Server and the actual Filezilla-Server. No success. Same behavior. I also tried to backup other things and switching the version of Python from 2.3 to 2.4 but nothing helped. Backup works but verify loads the df.jj4e1p.1.dt.g many times. Then it stops.

Can you ignore the connection-reset after successfully receiving one piece of the backup? The data is downloaded.
There's no need to do it again.

I would help you to find the problem but I can only write very little python. Mostly it ends up in: "hmm its working.. don't care" I speak PHP, Java and C# and some Perl but Python is new land. So sorry. I will continue helping you to get your software running.

Kenneth Loafman schrieb:
I just released RC5. There's a change in it to clean up the log processing and make the logs coherent. Please install this for your next test.

Dennis Schulz wrote:
Hmm.. I'm running 2k3 with SP1.. I'll update to SP2 hoping that it will works. After this I will run test again.

Kenneth Loafman schrieb:
Well, that was not it... no problems at all... 435MB backed up and verified without a single glitch.

On 2k3, are you running the latest SP? There were some bug reports about Filezilla not working right on pre-SP1 systems.

Kenneth Loafman wrote:
OK, DLing it and will test. I've only got XP Pro, but it should be OK.

Dennis Schulz wrote:
Its a FileZilla-Server 0.9.23-beta on Windows 2k3.

Kenneth Loafman schrieb:
What system are you running on remote? on local? Do you know what the remote FTP package is?