Re: [Duplicity-talk] using tar...

From: Martin Wuertele
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] using tar...
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 22:29:47 +0200

* Daniel M. Drucker <address@hidden> [2006-10-19 21:12]:

> I'm a bit confused about the implications of the use of tar. If I've got
> a multi-hundred-GB backup, does that pretty much mean I can't use Duplicity?

If I needed to back up such a lot of data I expected to have the money
for trusted backup space and thus not requireing me to encrypt backups.
I'd go for a tape library with a box at least twice the capacity of a
full backup prepended saving to that box and letting it push the data to
the library.

2¢ Martin
--
http://martin.wuertele.net/ - Debian - OFTC - SPI - address@hidden
<azeem> "apt meldete, es werden ca. 70 Pakete deinstalliert werden