dragora-users

Re: [Dragora-users] Web browser

From: Mateus Pinto Rodrigues
Subject: Re: [Dragora-users] Web browser
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 09:22:29 -0300

On Tue, 19 Jul 2016 09:12:24 +0200
Lucas Sköldqvist <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 05:54:14PM -0300, Matias A. Fonzo wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > I was thinking in the web browser to include in the next version..
> > and I think the only sane and powerful engine is Seamonkey (apart
> > from the well-known web browsers). I wonder, what is required to
> > liberate Seamonkey?.  (Sorry if I don't remember very well all the
> > details at this moment)
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Matias
>
> We need to change the branding and the addons page at least. Perhaps
> tweak/remove some settings and install some plugins by default
> (LibreJS, HTTPS Everywhere, etc.).
>
> If we go with SeaMonkey I suggest we build it without the built-in
> mail, html-editor, and other components.

I agree with frusen, my only gripe with sea-monkey is the excess of
cruft, I think we should only provide the web browser. libreJS has some
problems so we better investigate first, HTTPS everywhere is great.

--
Best Regards.

Mateus Pinto Rodrigues (mprodrigues) [66679238]
free software enthusiast and developer
E462 69C4 73EF 91F9 25E2  8249 0F8B 6C54 6667 9238