dolibarr-dev

Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Dolibarr translations: a proposal for a better system

From: Lorenzo Novaro
Subject: Re: [Dolibarr-dev] Dolibarr translations: a proposal for a better system
Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 08:21:27 +0200

Hi,
did you have time to try the configuration I sent?
Some resources were not well formatted in that file so that it worked correctly
only for it_IT. It is now fixed and it is attached to the current e-mail.

I've just downloaded 3.4 branch and used .tx/config to update it and it worked
like a charm. It even automatically created a gl_ES directory for Galician
already containing empty files with strings from source files ready for
translation.

A note: I defined "en" as source language (without national definition) , not
en_US, this way we could have a team of translators working on en_US or en_GB
in the future.
If you are not ok with that, just tell and we can change it on Transifex and
in the config file. To test "tx push" command I also created a en_US language
on
Transifex and it worked correctly, without any error.

I'm also experimenting with Transifex beta for Android
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dk.fanno.android.transifex
It is still very rough, but it works and it's quite useful, especially when
you are on the bus or waiting in line for something and you have only 5
minutes. It's good to be able to translate or review strings wherever you are.
It's becoming an habit :-)

Bye all,
Lorenzo.
--