Re: A band (FNCY) in Japan is using our logo....

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: A band (FNCY) in Japan is using our logo....
Date: Sat, 4 May 2019 18:26:45 -0400

I have written the copyright clerk and the licensing team at the FSF.

On Sat, May 4, 2019 at 14:32 Gregory Casamento <greg.casamento@gmail.com> wrote:
There is no intention of starting a war.  I just want them to know what the origin of the logo is.

I can’t even reach them though.  I tried via twitter, to no avail. And through their audition/demo email.

Later, GC

On Sat, May 4, 2019 at 10:23 Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola@libero.it> wrote:
Hi Derek,

On 5/1/19 10:52 PM, Derek Fawcus wrote:
> This is because one other concern would be if they became sucessful enough,
> they (or their agents or publishers) may turn around and claim the project
> is infringing their rights/property in the logo.
>
> Which could be problematic if they file a suit.

I'm not an expert, but we can proove (not only from our website, but
with e.g. GNUstep CDs) that our logo has been around since a long time,
prior to the existence of that band.

A naive strategy would just to contact them to notify the use of the
logo without any "menace" and see what they reply. At least a peaceful
attempt before starting wars.

The issue is "they". the band? the managers? Before going to the label
itself or the app store

Riccardo