Re: A band (FNCY) in Japan is using our logo....

From: Robert Slover
Subject: Re: A band (FNCY) in Japan is using our logo....
Date: Thu, 2 May 2019 02:23:56 -0400

Greg,

The record label, EvilLine, seems to be a fairly new division of King Records Japan, one of the largest record companies in Japan. The web site selling the FNCY merchandise featuring the GNUstep logo appears to be owned by them, and they have a contact form reachable via Google Translate: [ https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fkingeshop.jp%2Fshop%2Fpages%2Ffncy-goods.aspx ]. This is an entity that should take notice of copyright violations. The only other direct contact information I can find for EvilLine itself is an email address to send demo tapes to: evilline-demo@kingrecords.co.jp . I doubt that will be too effective.

If these avenues don’t pan out, the FNCY web page you originally referenced contains links to the 3 FNCY singles via Apple Music, Spotify, Google Play Music, and Amazon Music, among others. These are entities that would be obligated to respond to a DMCA notification by removing the offending media. That would probably get someone’s attention if nothing else does.

—Robert