ANN: DataBasin and DataBasinKit 0.9

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: ANN: DataBasin and DataBasinKit 0.9
Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 16:16:44 +0200

Release: DataBasin 0.9

A couple of days ago I released version 0.9!

News?
* threadable DataBasinKit framework
* concurrent, interruptible operations (e.g. select vs. update)
* handle multiple errors as a result of update
* filter new lines when writing CSVs
* countless bugfixes, especially in select-identify corner cases

What is DataBasin?
DataBasin is an application that allows you to perform queries, update records, view fields of a single object/record or describe an object's fields properties to a file against salesforce.com. Most notable is the ability (Select Identify) to perform queries by supplying identifiers (IDs or a set of key fields) as input instead of a standard where clause.
DataBasinKit is its underlying framework, natively usable in Objective-C
to integrate your own App with SFDC!

Where to get it?
http://gap.nongnu.org/databasin/index.html

Read more about it on my blog:
http://multixden.blogspot.it/2016/05/databasin-and-databasinkit-09-released.html

Perhaps few people use OpenSource software when accessing a proprietary platform, however it does make sense to me, since it extends your choices and allows you to work on a free OS. Furthermore, it is cool because its shows the power of Open tools!

Riccardo