Re: piStep Development Project

From: Svetlana A. Tkachenko
Subject: Re: piStep Development Project
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 09:43:04 +1100

Dear Adam,

I do not use Slack because its clients -- particularly their main
website -- are proprietary and a pain to customize to fit my needs. I
would rather we use Internet Relay Chat (IRC) whose clients are
customizable, including e.g. TalkSoup.app at GNUstep. There simply is no
Slack client for GNUstep that I know of.

For those of you who like cloud experience at IRC we can run weechat on
a linux shell and use its web frontend at http://www.glowing-bear.org/
to fetch chat logs and to chat; it is very user-friendly.

We have irc://irc.freenode.net/gnustep and I would suggest that rather
it becomes more active than we split the communities of people familiar
with gnustep across different chat platforms. We already have the
mailing list and IRC; that's two places to follow, one with e-mail, and
one with interactive chat.

Please advise if you have any questions about using IRC.

--
Svetlana A. Tkachenko
Member of the Free Software Foundation