Re: piStep Development Project

From: Adam S
Subject: Re: piStep Development Project
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2016 19:41:10 +0000

Hi Jeremy,

You're welcome to. I'll invite you now via your email address. 🙂

Rgds

Adam

On Friday, 25 March 2016, Jeremy Agostino <jeremy@groundctl.com> wrote:
Adam, I’d like to look into your project. What’s your slack hostname?

Regards,
Jeremy

On Mar 21, 2016, at 9:17 AM, Adam S <adam.sommerfield@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm happy to enable it.

I appreciate people have preferences, and respect people who use/avoid for their own reasons.

BUT - this is our (the team) project and we are using Slack. This will not change as we are 4 months into it.

Regards

Adam

On Monday, 21 March 2016, Tim Sheridan <tghs@tghs.net> wrote:
Hi Svetlana,

On 20 March 2016 at 22:43, Svetlana A. Tkachenko
<svetlana@members.fsf.org> wrote:
> I do not use Slack because its clients -- particularly their main
> website -- are proprietary and a pain to customize to fit my needs. I
> would rather we use Internet Relay Chat (IRC) whose clients are
> customizable, including e.g. TalkSoup.app at GNUstep. There simply is no
> Slack client for GNUstep that I know of.

Slack does have an IRC/XMPP interface. Annoyingly it's not turned on
by default, and needs to be enabled by the team owner.

https://get.slack.help/hc/en-us/articles/201727913-Connecting-to-Slack-over-IRC-and-XMPP

Cheers,
Tim Sheridan