Re: Build GNUStep

From: Adam S
Subject: Re: Build GNUStep
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 10:27:21 +0000

Thanks David. Looks like I might have missed your previous response and advice, sorry.

I'll take your advice and install on FreeBSD. Just to clarify though that my issues are not related to the NeXT/GNU project - this is separate. So the issues described about icons not pasting to desktop or shelf etc is me trying my hand and starting down the road of GNUStep, but if your advice fixes this for me AND really helps the NeXT/GNU project then all the better.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks

On Nov 17, 2015 9:45 AM, "David Chisnall" <theraven@sucs.org> wrote:
On 16 Nov 2015, at 14:25, Adam S <adam.sommerfield@gmail.com> wrote:

> So I have built GNUStep on both Raspbian (Raspberry Pi2) and Lubuntu (Banana Pi) and get the same three errors each time.

I feel a lot like I’m talking to myself here, but I’ll try one more time:

If you install the gnustep port on FreeBSD then you will get the latest GNUstep release, configured to support all of the latest language features, and around 100 GNUstep programs, out of the box.

If you’re actually serious about building something NeXT-like, this is where you should start.

David

-- Sent from my brain