Chromium embedded, a shortcut for webkit?

From: James Carthew
Subject: Chromium embedded, a shortcut for webkit?
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 20:27:23 +1100

I'm curious if anyone has looked at Chromium embedded:

https://code.google.com/p/chromiumembedded/wiki/Tutorial

I'm considering using it to wrap webkit into a GNUStep Window so I can have consistent window management behaviour across my desktop. Would anyone else be interested in this? I'd basically be resurrecting the Mantella browser from Etoile. Which used to wrap firefox into a window. The main benefit from it would be I'd be able to work with my NS Styles set to the Macintosh Interface style without worrying about my menubar disappearing everytime I need to use an internet application.  I would only be interested in implementing minimal functions like forward, back, url input box, and tabbing/multi windows.