Re: OS's menu?

From: Tobias Platen
Subject: Re: OS's menu?
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2013 19:30:43 +0200

On 31.07.2013 10:23, Lundberg, Johannes wrote:
Hi

Are there any ongoing plans on change the default menus of GNUstep?

I know there are work in progress to have GNUstep use Ubuntu's menu instead of having a floating menu on the desktop.

Are there similar work in progress for making this happen on Windows and OS X?

For me the floating menu is quite awkward and doesn't go well together with any modern OS of today. It takes up space on the desktop and won't let you maximize your window without hiding the menu.

Having GNUstep applications use the OS's menu would be a great improvement in my opinion. However, I suppose maintenance load would increase whenever there's a new version of the OS.

Best regards

Johannes Lundberg
BRILLIANTSERVICE CO., LTD.