Re: GNUstep-corebase to be released next week

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: Re: GNUstep-corebase to be released next week
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 19:01:16 +0200

On Tuesday, July 17, 2012 05:26 CEST, Stefan Bidi <stefanbidi@gmail.com> wrote:

> All,
> I've been quite busy over the last few weeks and just now got around
> to tying all the loose ends for a release of -corebase.  For those of
> you unfamiliar with the project, GNUstep-corebase is a free
> implementation of the CoreFoundation framework.
>
> I believe I have fixed all problems reported to me last time.  I was
> not able to reproduce everybody's specific issue so please run the
> test suite one last time to check if your problem has, in fact, been
> resolved.
>
> This version will be release as 0.1 and is to be considered an alpha
> release.  It requires GNUstep-make, -base and the ICU library.  The
> release will be licensed under the LGPL v3.

testing on OpenBSD i386, with gnustep-base and make latest releases, and
libobjc2 installed as libobjc2.so.X.X, configure fails to detect objc_getClass
-lobjc

configure:4427: checking for objc_getClass in -lobjc
configure:4452: cc -o conftest -O2 -pipe -g  -I/usr/local/include
-L/usr/local/lib conftest.c -lobjc   >&5
/usr/lib/libobjc.so.5.0: warning: strcpy() is almost always misused, please use
strlcpy()
/usr/lib/libobjc.so.5.0: warning: sprintf() is often misused, please use
snprintf()
/tmp//ccCacoF8.o(.text+0x12): In function `main':
/home/ports/pobj/corebase-0.1/corebase-0.1/conftest.c:55: undefined reference
to `objc_getClass'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:4452: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:

it should check in this case against -lobjc2.

changing the -lobjc into -lobjc2, and using LIBS=-pthread in the configure
environment, did let
the detect objc_getClass correctly.

btw, there is a typo on configure.ac: search for:
  disable-objc-brdige

On the newer notebook with libobjc2, I also get the same crasher in CFLocale
test, but I get an additional one:

Testing general.m...
Running CFTimeZone/general.m...
Passed test:     general.m:17 ... Time zone named 'CST' is not found if
abbreviations are not searched.
Passed test:     general.m:20 ... Time zone named 'CST' was found when
abbreviations were searched
Passed test:     general.m:22 ... Time zone name is 'US/Central'
Passed test:     general.m:28 ... 'Europe/Rome' time zone created.
Passed test:     general.m:32 ... Offset from GMT at 1000000 seconds from
absolute epoch is '3600.000000'
Passed test:     general.m:34 ... On daylight saving time at 1000000 seconds
from absolute epoch.
Failed test:     general.m:40 ... Standard localized name is correct.
expected Central European Time, but got Central European Standard Time
Passed test:     general.m:44 ... Short standard localized name is correct.
Passed test:     general.m:51 ... Daylight Saving time offset at 0 second from
absolute epoch is '0.000000'.
Passed test:     general.m:54 ... Next daylight saving transition is at
'7174800.000000'.
Completed file:  general.m

$ date
Tue Jul 17 18:57:44 CEST 2012

On the big endian macppc, I get a couple of more tests failing, but they all
seem to be related to the big endian.
See attached tests.log

If you need more info whatever, let me know.

cheers,
Sebastian