Re: URGENT: Unable to run PROJECTCenter

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: URGENT: Unable to run PROJECTCenter
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 12:42:20 +0200

Hi,

krishna parthasarathy wrote:
downloaded gorm from here https://github.com/gnustep/gnustep-gorm .
installed&  ran from shell... but still have the same problem...
it is then most probably a problem with the windows build or with gorm itself.
Perhaps Adam and Gregorty (Gorm maintainer) might help you there.

It works for me on windows XP and windows 7, but my install is a bit different from yours. I don't know if I can easily "package" my gorm, but I suppose it won't run anyway on latest msys, since mine is slightly older.

What are you trying to accomplish? If you need to develop something windows-only and windows-dependant, I don't know how to work around the problem. However, if your code is generic, you can develop on Linux: that means using Gorm and other developer tools there. We offer a suitable VM image for instant access, but installing on major Linux and BSD distributions is easy. Once done, you can just compile con windows and check that everything works.

Riccardo