Re: GNUstep github mirror status...

From: Derek Fawcus
Subject: Re: GNUstep github mirror status...
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 10:51:57 -0800

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 01:42:05PM -0500, Gregory Casamento wrote:
> I had thought about the master vs trunk issue, but I solved it by
> keeping trunk and master in sync by doing a cherry-pick from trunk
> when it's updated via git svn fetch.

I'll be interesting to see how this looks in the repository once
they're visible.  Do any of the repositories have a branch collapse/merge
to trunk that can be examined?  It is such that I'm curious about.

> The reasoning there is that it's pretty much standard for git to use
> "master" so I decided not to break with convention and just keep them
> in sync.

Well,  it's quite easy to use any branch name,  remotes/mater vs remotes/trunk
is a bit of a non issue,  especially if remotes/master does not exist.

Either way the unadorned 'master' will still be available as a local branch
name.

.pdf