Re: problem with gnustep on OpenBSD sparc64

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: problem with gnustep on OpenBSD sparc64
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 09:42:36 +0100

On 7 Jul 2011, at 09:01, Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:

> sizeof_type: after calling parse_array: element_size: 0, element_count: 4,
> size pointern: 0xfffffffffffcf0d0
> ^^^ as far as I can see, the value on address 0xfffffffffffcf0d0 should be
> 32, but I have no idea, why it is not 32???

It's possible that it's a compiler bug, which compiler are you using?  Can you
add a watchpoint on that address in gdb and see when it is assigned to?

Can you also try adding volatile to the declaration of element_count?  That
shouldn't make a difference, but if it's a bug with the compiler's optimiser
then that might tell it not to do incorrect optimisation...

David

--
This email complies with ISO 3103