Re: MacPorts GNUstep

From: Andrea D'Amore
Subject: Re: MacPorts GNUstep
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 15:48:46 +0200

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 9:25 PM, Ivan Vučica <ivucica@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!

I've lately got interest in upgrading GNUstep packages in MP, but I
had little time to proceed.

Knowing little GNUstep I was mainly embarassed about what filesystem
layout pick up and, most of all, what library setup combo to choose.
>From what I get it should be a gnu-gnu-gnu one, i.e. even if being on
OS X it shouldn't try to use XCode provided runtime libraries, but I
may be wrong on this point.

> I've copied the files locally, and if I go and put up a repo somewhere these
> will be included. Now if only I could figure out if there's a way to set up a
> purely HTTP portfile repo, without rsync...

I'm not sure what you mean by an "HTTP portfile" repo, you can use svn
as well that works over HTTP.

Rather than setting up a new repository you may want to have the your
patch merged on MP's repository, if so file a ticket on the Trac
system [1] using the "haspatch" keyword and attaching the relative
diff file.
Someone, will test the patch and commit to svn; the rsync repository
is refreshed every twelve hours. If you want feel free to assign it to
me and I'll do the review.
In the meanwhile I'm going to try the patch you provided in your dropbox space.

Bye

--
Andrea

[1] https://trac.macports.org/newticket