Re: MacPorts GNUstep

From: Eric Wasylishen
Subject: Re: MacPorts GNUstep
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 18:46:23 -0600

Hi Ivan,
Awesome you got this working! With your portfiles I was able to get everything
up to gnustep-gui installed on a fresh installation of macports on OS X 10.6.6.

I had to fix some problems with the gnustep-back port (add some X library
dependencies to the Portfile, and attach a patch for configure.ac which is in
SVN but not yet in any releases.) I've attached my modified gnustep-back
portfile and configure.ac patch.  With those changes I was also able to get
SystemPreferences to install and run :-).

The only other weird thing I ran in to was the first time I tried doing:
"sudo port install gnustep-base"
the process failed during configure, saying it couldn't find gnustep-config.
However, gnustep-make was installed correctly because I could run
gnustep-config in my Terminal, so I just ran "sudo port install gnustep-base"
again and it worked the second time.

Hopefully we can get these changes accepted into macports now :-)

Cheers,
Eric