Re: Renaissance, Obj-C, Handling the sound attribute of a button

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Renaissance, Obj-C, Handling the sound attribute of a button
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 10:46:38 +0200 (CEST)

> I copy my sound file: GombHangja_Magas.wav into the
> /usr/lib/GNUstep/Sounds/ directory where the sound files 'Bottle',
> 'Blow', 'Basso' etc. are, and in Gorm I can heare my sound file too.

Great - you're making progress :-)

It sounds that it's a problem finding the sound file.  In your Renaissance
application, did you list the sound file in the xxx_RESOURCE_FILES ?  If you
don't,
it won't be copied into the .app directory, and so it won't be found. ;-)

So, make sure you have 'GombHangja_Magas.wav' (or whatever the name of the sound
file that you're trying to use) in the variable xxx_RESOURCE_FILES for your
application in your GNUmakefile.

If you don't have one such variable, add it to your GNUmakefile --

xxx_RESOURCE_FILES = GombHangja_Magas.wav

where xxx must be replaced with the name of your application. ;-)

Thanks