Re: Audio

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Audio
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 09:45:49 +0100

Matthew Weinstein wrote:
> I'm in the process of refactoring quicktime parts of my qualitative
> analysis software so I can port the latest version to gnustep. I'm
> wondering what the best audio framework or class is out there for
> gnustep. I'm considering Etoile's mediakit, but I'm afraid that
> MKMediaPlayer will drop my file every time it plays, and I need
> something more persistent like an NSMovieView (which is what I use in OS
> X, but there I rely heavily on getting underneath to the quicktime
> substructure). Here's what I need: I need something (a class or framework)
>
> that doesn't drop the audio file when done playing  (already noted),
>  something that I can set the spot I'm listening to programmatically,
> something I can get the current location of the file  programatically,
> and something that will give me the length in some time unit of the
> audio file.
>
> Ideally it should set the rate of playback as well, but that's just
> icing on top!

Hi Matthew,

I am not sure from your mail, whether you are asking for a gui control
or just want the basic functionality. In the second case a full
implementation of the NSSound class could do for you. Currently GNUstep
does not provide a full 10.5 compatible implementation of that class,
but it should be possible to do one, if this would help you.

Cheers
Fred